5.2.11

Love Triangle

As a day workshop to introduce us to publications, we were asked to create a fanzine based on a given word. I had 'Triangle'. It seemed a pretty easy, simple word to create a zine on. However the idea of a zine full of triangles somewhat bored me. 
I have an obsession with collecting crude & vulgar postcards. As you can image there are some disgusting ones, but also some hilarous ones. They provoke me to wonder what on earth is the story behind them, if infact there is one to their obscenity. 
I decided to use these postcards for imagery for a zine based on love triangles. Within the zine I created a narrative between the images.
I find making zines allows for creative freedom, they can contain such a broad spectrum of ideas, imagery, text or photographs. I like using them to allow for research and developing ideas, they are useful to show as progression in work.
There are a few photographs of the zine "Triangles" below:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment