10.8.11

P-p-pick up a bargin

Vivitar 35EE - £3.00 from The Rabbit Run Car Boot Sale, West Midlands
I love rummaging at carboot sales, you may have seen my collection of hand-tinted postcards I posted not long ago, and now I have picked up this 35mm. It's quite similar asthetically to the Olympus Trip 35 I own and love. I hope I enjoy it as much as I have the Olympus.
The Vivitar 35EE is a 35mm rangefinder camera with automatic exposure, rebadged to Vivitar specifications from the Cosina Cosina 35 in the mid-1970s. 
  • Lens: 38mm f/2.8 (4 elements, 3 groups) with 46mm filter thread.
  • Focusing Range: 0.9m to infinity.
  • Auto-exposure via CdS "electric eye" above lens.
  • Shutter speeds: 1/30-1/650s, plus B (only at f/2.8).
  • Film speed: ISO 25-400.
  • Viewfinder info: Brightline frame, parallax correction marks, overexposure and underexposure warning zones, with indicated approximate combined shutter speed and aperture (f/2.8 to f/14) selection shown by needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment